Monday, May 1, 2017

What I learned in Pirate School is

This was experience was as unsettling as being a prisoner on a pirate ship.I wrote on what makes a person a pirate. I deduced that a person only becomes a pirate either because they're greedy or desperate. I reinforced this by paralleling vikings to golden age day pirates and shining a light on what started modern day piracy. In the beginning I was torn between three topics but abruptly chose one so i could turn in the making a claim worksheet. After tearing my brain apart piece by piece to choose between the three i just couldn't. So i did what any stressed college student juggling two much would do, I did what i thought was the easiest. I started writing on all three topics and tried to see which would sway my attention the most. That is the part of this project i regret the most and wish i could've changed because this did nothing more than waste time, effort, words, and attention. In the end i learned that piracy today is nothing like it's ancestors and i was interested in how truly terrible the conditions of people is in modern day Somalia.
     Image result for somali pirates

No comments:

Post a Comment